July 30, 2008

from the desktop of bubbles inc.





First thanks Dan for the mix loved the spring and now the summer tunes. I followed in your footsteps and banded together some of my most played tunes from spring bleeding into summer. I may have emailed some of these to many of you late at night but here are a few in a somewhat order. I left off the Miley Cyrus tracks to spare you all. This mix is called 'Taking the A train to Jamaica Bay or I canoed the Gowanus Canal'

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b625w3

1. Dion - (He's Got) The Whole World In His Hands
2. Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
3. Jefferson Starship - Miracles
4. Andy Kim - Baby I Love You
5. Dion - Doctor Rock n' Roll
6. Shocking Blue - Out of Sight, Out of Mind
7. Dave - Vanina
8. Ludivine Saginier - Papa T'es Plus Dans L'coup
9. France Gall and Michel Berger - Besoin d'amour
10. Ron Wood - I Can Feel The Fire
11. Eddy Grant - Romancing The Stone
12. Ween - Ocean Man
13. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man
14. Steely Dan - Showbiz Kids (live in London July 1973)
15. Francoise Hardy - VIP
16. Fun Boy Three - Our Lips Our Sealed
17. Human League - Open Your Heart
19. Luc Van Acker & Anna Domino - Zanna
20. Esso Trinidad Steel Band - I Want You Back
21. Hopeton Lewis - Don't Take Your Guns To Town
22. Glass Candy - Iko (geto boys demo version)

The photo above is one I took around 5:30 am in the Jamaica Bay wildlife refuge this past sunday. My friend Pablo and I were trying to go to Coney Island but went the wrong way on the F train so instead of turning around we just found another beach. I recommend taking the A train to Far Rockaway and getting off at the Broad Channel stop. There was a guy on our train carrying a surfboard! We soon met the man pictured Joseph from Poland. Real interesting character. Homeless but living off the land, in queens! he showed us secret paths and said we should play chess more , "keeps the mind active.", he said.

ok hopes this works! - bubbles inc.

5 comments:

anthony campuzano said...

oh sorry luc van acker & anna domino are really track number 18 and track 19 is carnival by metal boys - bubbles inc.

dan said...

just DLed this, thanks! it's cool to see someone else jumping on the mixtape train.

glad you're liking what i posted... i think my tastes are more tc-friendly than they probably were back in the willow days, where my reputation ran more towards classic rock and DRAMA, hahaha. not that those dans don't still live within me.

anthony campuzano said...

this particular mix of mine does have bit more classic rock then i usually can tolerate, but i cant deny these jams

jay said...

thought i had all of this from you, but then took a closer look, and didn't want to miss some new shocking blue and of course ron wood needs to be in the summer rotation. do you think kanye feels left out of the mix?

anthony campuzano said...

i put it together before he gave me props but maybe i should have found a place for daft punk. metal boys are early french dance pop though so maybe they count.