January 16, 2009

Eddy Grant - I don't wanna dance

chris gave me the eddy grant record 'going for broke' as an opening present. i am listening to it right now it is great. you may be familiar with my favorite song this past summer eddy grant 'romancing the stone' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaHlIb5Hc8U it is the first track on the record. i don't wanna dance isn't on the record but it is really great this video is so good.

i found this info about i dont wanna dance interesting:
I Don't Wanna Dance (Eddy Grant song)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“I Don't Wanna Dance”
Single by Eddy Grant
from the album 'Killer on the Rampage'
Released 1982
Genre Reggae
Length 3:39
Label Parlophone, EMI
Producer Eddy Grant
"I Don't Wanna Dance" was a UK number one single for three weeks in November 1982 for Eddy Grant.
Written and produced by Grant it was the most successful of his solo singles in the UK and his first number one since Baby Come Back by The Equals in 1968.
"I Don't Wanna Dance" was covered by grindcore band Anal Cunt in 1993 on their album "Morbid Florist".
This song is regarded as one of Eddy's most famous songs, and the start of his "disco era" in song writing. Many fans were disappointed that this ended after just the one song.

No comments: